FAGD: Fellowship in the Academy of General Dentistry
Only 7 % of General Dentists hold their Fellowship in the State of Texas. Distinguish yourself professionally through quality continuing education and earn your Fellowship (FAGD) in the AGD.
Attaining Fellowship culminates with receipt of your award at the AGD convocation ceremony held each year at the AGD annual meeting.
You must complete the following requirements to earn your FAGD Award:
- Current AGD membership for three continuous years by December 31 of the year in which the application is received, to begin no earlier than the month of dental school graduation.
- A dental license has not been suspended or revoked within the last five years and is not currently under probation, suspension or revocation.
- Passing the Fellowship Exam.
- 500 hours of approved CE. Participation hours earned while working on Fellowship can be applied to Mastership.
- Attendance at an AGD convocation ceremony, held during an AGD annual meeting, to receive the award (successful candidates are allowed three years following approval of application to complete this requirement).