The Texas New Dentist of the Year award began in 2009 to recognize emerging leaders in the field of dentistry. Nominees are chosen throughout the state from local societies and components of the Texas Dental Association and Texas Academy of General Dentistry.
Texas New Dentist of the Year nominees are recognized and the winner is announced at the Texas Academy Awards. All nominees and their nominating organizations are recognized in the TexasGP, the Texas Academy Awards program and promotions, and press releases.
1. Nominee must be a general dentist.
2. Nominee must be an AGD member for at least two years.
3. Nominee must have graduated from dental school within the past seven years.
4. Each component or society may only nominate one dentist.
5. Previous winners are not eligible.
6. Nominee must attend the Texas Academy Awards.